Sunday 7 July 2013

End of the Road?

I must admit, I've been thinking about giving up running, triathlon, fell running, cycling. I wouldn't even have to think about giving up swimming, I am dire anyway!
But no, I see so many inspirational people around me that I couldn't give up. I'm young enough to be putting in some real effort. I'm strong enough to be setting some pretty good times.
I've revamped my training around a diary, and some key sessions. Let's see how this works, I shall report back here.
In other news, it's one week to the "Contractual Obligation Triathlon" that is the Wenlock Olympian Games. I'm dreading this event, mainly because my swimming is so bad. I reckon I can do reasonably well on the bike, having had a look at the hills last week first-hand, and the run will just be hard work. But once the swim is over, I'll be in happy-land.
What's up next? I'd love to say I've got such-and-such an event to train for, but in reality it's just the Triathlon, then we are seriously into holiday time. Hopefully I won't blob out too much though and I can continue with the great progress I've made in the last few weeks ..


No comments:

Post a Comment