Monday 2 July 2012

A testing time

You cheats.
You big bloody cheats.

When I was at school, you promised me no-one would have to work any more, all our domestic chores would be done by robots, our time would be our own, we'd be able to go on holiday to the moon, we'd all have personalised jet-packs and there would be monorails everywhere. I especially liked the monorail thing.
what happened?
I don't know, but as a natural optimist I'm still waiting.



So, anyway, what do you know about the Cooper Test? It's all here and basically you run as hard as you can for 12 minutes. This tells you 2 things as far as I can see: (1) you can work out your VO2 max (2) 12 minutes is a LONG time when you are flat out. Comrade Dave has brought it to my attention as a way of training us up to take on future challenges. If we do, I shall take pictures, but I warn you - they won't be pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment