Friday 20 April 2012

rain

'I can't stand the rain, against my window', so sang Ann Peebles (thanks Wiki :) )
What makes a man go out to a 5-mile road race in the pouring spring rain? It can't be the course. No, not even the thrill of running down (and then up) the driveway of a former stately home and one of the UK's most iconic sporting training camps (Lilleshall National Sports Centre). It can't be the challenge of a good time, three weeks after Exe to Axe and the holiday has taken it's heavy toll. I suppose it must be the guilt of pre-entering a race and wanting to get value for money !! Anyhow, it was very wet. I set a PB for stops to tie my shoelaces, I got my feet very wet, and there was a lot of huffing and puffing in the gloom. Oh, the gloom. It was dark before we started. On the whole though, i was happy to get the Lilleshall 5 miles done and I'm hoping for a big improvement in May over the wide-open savannahs of Dawley.

No comments:

Post a Comment