Saturday 26 May 2012

unseasonable England

I love the warm weather; I love going for a run. You put the two together and I'll moan and whinge though. This week's long slow run was out and back, 16 miles, and it was about 25 degrees, not a cloud in the sky when I got back. All the energy drained out of me and the last bit was a struggle, as you would expect when upping the miles slightly each week. A worrying thing was at the halfway/ turnround point I had a really bad pain in the back but thankfully it went off once I got going again (or it was masked by the leg pain!!). I'm not convinced that long slow distance over a course with overall climb of probably less than 20ft is the best preparation for a hilly off-road marathon, but it's the best I can do at the moment. Missing the Hills though, I will be back soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment