Monday 20 August 2012

The ramble of Training

Summer.
Should be a good time for training, yeah?
Well, for some reason, call it Holiday-Olympic-Cantbearseditis or whatever, it's bloody tough.

You'd like to think I'd come back from holidays all fired up, but it's been a bit sporadic. Probably not helped by this knee injury stuff either.

Last week's results were poor, to day the least:
My speedwork session was a bit poor, I usually run 1.8k out and back with a minute's rest. It's slightly downhill going out and I was reasonably happy with 9.45 but the return leg was 10.20 which is a new low. However I know this is a baseline and things ought to improve.
The Dales Dash on Thursday was a bit weird, with Dave dipping out of the main route, leaving Mike to set the pace; I was 3 minutes down on my usual time, having gone out far too quickly, and by the time I got to the big climbs back from the river my legs had gone. However, one great thing; I tried on my knee support strap for the first time ever. And it was amazing. Ran downhill, quickly, pain free. Maybe things aren't so bad after all.
Friday saw me back in the gym, setting new PBs on the treadmill, bike and rower in a desperate attempt to work up an appetite for the chippy.
I entered Ludlow Tri (End September) with Mike and also Newport Duathlon (7/Oct) and so I need some bike and swim miles. Kicked off on Sunday with 30 hilly miles round Cressage, Sheinton, Ironbridge.
So, to sum up. Sporadic. But at least I'm running.

No comments:

Post a Comment