Monday 8 October 2012

...let my mojo go...

September drifted into view. Days got shorter, the sun got weaker, there was dew on the car in the mornings. And my mojo went, too.
Events this past month:
North Staffs Cross Country
It was the 1st Cross country of the season and it was miles away at Winsford, which I thought might be a little quaint place in the country but turned out to be a much bigger place. No running for me as I took my place as Newport's team manager for the day. We had 3 youngsters out, 3 ladies (needed 4) and 6 men. They all ran fabulously, the course was flat & fast, one of those where you complain about it not being muddy enough but one where you run almost as hard as you do on the roads. For some reason I had no pangs of remorse whatsoever about taking or not taking part. If this is all I do, the roll on the next one!!
Ludlow Triathlon
Of course, the stated reason for not doing the cross country was that I had Ludlow Triathlon the next day. It was my first Tri since 2008 and I had bought an Aldi trisuit especially. The day was cloudy & cool but just about stayed dry. The swim: tough as I expected it to be, all style went out of the window by the 2nd length and it was just horrible. The bike: well, I thought it was ok. I was never overtaken and I overtook all those people who had come out of the pool before me, which is a result really. The run: never more than steady but it went by really quickly.
The tri suit held together and I really enjoyed the day, what a pity its the end of the triathlon season now :(
Newport Duathlon
1 Week later and I'm at the Newport Duathlon. It was cool and misty but I knew it was going to warm up so I risked the t-shirt rather than extra clothes.
Run#1 - this seemed to go ok, fairly steady plod rounf
Bike - as usual I enjoyed the bike, I was thinking about Run #2 though..
Run#2 - Last year, there was walking. Not so this year. Ran from start to finish, though it was hard graft.
Overall, 2 minutes quicker than last year. A PB!
Will my mojo ever come back though?

No comments:

Post a Comment