Monday 10 December 2012

Favourite Runs 11-20

Now, the thing about this list of runs is that you may not know some of them. A few are really local and obscure, a few don't exist any more. A couple haven't existed for years!

List 11-20 (again, not in any order)


Newport (Shropshire) 10km (old course)
3 Laps round the town. Always fast, hard work. Cobbles. THAT never-ending finishing straight. PB time.

1500m races Crystal Palace, Antrim, Meadowbank, Cardiff, Exeter, Alexander, Barnsley, Portsmouth..
Lumped all of my track races together. I was very lucky to race on some great tracks and even luckier to get on the podium for one of them (Alexander Stadium) . Happy days!

Shifnal 5 miles road race
A very under-rated race round the streets of Shifnal. Flat, but nowhere to hide. Fast out from the gun, just hanging on until the estate at the end and the big finish (sort of).

XC Elmdon, Solihull CSSC
My first ever cross country as a senior. Made up the numbers to begin with, but over a period of years I eventually brought home my one and only gold medal for running. Tough, flat course... and far too many laps, as I remember!

Broseley 5 miles road race
Tough, tough run on May Day. Start and finish from the Village Green. Prize for the first person to the pub and ...I was second. Damn.

South Staffs Half Marathon
Great half marathon. Rolling hills. I always treated it as the start of the Autumn season.

XC CSSC Richmond Park
What a pleasure and honour it was to take part in the Civil Service National Championships at Richmond Park, among the deer. We even got changed at the Bank of England Sports Ground.

Potteries Marathon
Great run, hottest day of the year, my Mum & Dad came and saw Stanley Matthews start us off. Ooh those hills. And biscuits!

Manchester Marathon
2 weeks off with 'flu and I lined up for the Manchester Marathon. I was glad I turned up. Best marathon performance ever. Brilliant day.

The Tour of Tameside
Actually 6 races in 7 days, with the travelling up to the area thrown in for good measure. The races were on the roads, fells, cross country and canal paths. The distance was a double marathon. What a wonderful experience - I was totally exhausted at the end of the week.

So there you go. I was even thinking of changes as I wrote this!




No comments:

Post a Comment